gibby is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

if statement works in detail section of report, but not in the group header section

I have a report that groups equipment by employee. If the checkbox field [OffCampus] is checked, I want an astrisk beside the piece of equipment - this works in the detail section for all the records with OffCampus checked. Textbox =IIf([OffCampus]=True,"*","").
    In the header section I have another Textbox
    =IIf([OffCampus]=True,"*OffCampus Address",""). This textbox works for some some of the employees that have offcampus equipment, but not for others. I don't understand why the if statement works in the detail section, but not in the header section. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by 'doesn't work' - error message, wrong results, nothing?

In the header section the calculation is probably happening with the first record in the group.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

gibby is offline Novice
    the ones that don't work just show blank. If the statment is stopping on the first record, how do I tell it to continue through all the records belonging to an employee?

June7 is online now VIP
    Isn't that what happens in the Detail section?

Don't understand what you want.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

gibby is offline Novice
    I want the text box calculation field in the group header to go through all the records that belong to an employee to see if the [OffCampus] field is checked. I believe you are correct that the calculation stops on the first record of each employee. My calculation is entered in the Control Source of the text box. I don't know what kind of code I should write to get that calculation to look through all an employee's records. Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    So you want to show something in header that can be deduced by looking at the detail section records?

In header textbox try:

=IIf(Sum(IIf([OffCampus],1,0))=0, "None Off Campus", "One or More Off Campus")

gibby is offline Novice

Smile Thanks so much - that worked!

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    So you want show something in header that can be deduced by looking at the detail section records?

In header textbox try:

=IIf(Sum(IIf([OffCampus],1,0))=0, "None Off Campus", "One or More Off Campus")

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.