no cigar is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Easier text boxes in Access? Creating mass email body in Access to send.

Greetings all,

I am currently in the process of creating a database with mass mailing functionality. I have basically completed everything however, I'm looking for a simpler way of creating the body of the message that can contain a template of sorts with data embedded in it from a table.

Code:
    ="Greetings, 
    You are recieving this notification because you are listed as the owner for an AFE still in process:" 
    & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " " & [ProjectDef] & " - " & [ProjectName] & " " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & 
    " In order to facilitate new reporting requirements I will be needing a planned spend on all projects in process for Q2,Q3, and Q4 of this year.
    Also, if any spend will be pushed to next year, please indicate that as '2014 and beyond'. Please furnish all of the information on the attached
    spreadsheet. If the project listed is completed, please reply to this message with the MONTH/YEAR of completion and that will close your
    responsibility. If you have multiple projects, feel free to consolidate them on the spreadsheet." 
    & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & 
    " Your reply is appreciated BY TUESDAY,  APRIL 2nd 2013. If you have any questions, feel free to eMail me any time. "
     & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & 
    " Regards," & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " " & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & 
    " (closing signature)"
    This is my current label I have that is mapped to the email body. As you can see it is rather messy. I have used a utility like this with Apple in a Filemaker database that could do mass emails and it was MUCH easier. I could basically type at will and simply insert a variable wherever needed. IE

Code:
    (Greetings [customer], your order number is [order_no] and was shipped out on [ship_date])
    Is there any such easier way to do this without having to submit to the draconian syntax in Text Boxes in Access?

June7 is online now VIP
    Not following what you mean by 'type at will and simply insert a variable wherever needed'. I am not familiar with Filemaker. Does it have some sort of word processor component?

Unless you want to create report that has each sentence in a separate textbox, think what you have is what Access is capable of.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

no cigar is offline Novice
    Basically, I'm wanting to be able to send emails via Access to a contacts list. I want it to function like a mail merge where I can have a body and call on data from a table to embed in an email -- only in access.

June7 is online now VIP
    What method do you want to send the email?

SendObject can be initiated from the ribbon or with VBA code. This can send a report as a file (PDF, spreadsheet, text, etc) attached to an email message. Or you can use the SendObject MessageText argument to send email with customized body.

https://www.accessforums.net/access/...ect-17713.html

Another method is for VBA to open an Outlook object and manipulate that object.

https://www.accessforums.net/import-...ook-18221.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.