GaryLW is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Forms in Access 2010

I am a new Access user and need help.
    I have one table, which has 600 rows and 28 columns. From this table I have created two forms. The first is in a database layout for quick reference and the second is a detail page of a row. I would like to be able to scan the database then when I find the account/contact be able to click on a button on that row and then switch to the detail report for that row. I know that there is a way to link them, but I just don't know how. I have been working on this issue for two days and am DONE!
    All help is welcomed
    GaryLW

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    The simplest way would be to use the new (to 2007/2010) Form style called Split Form.

In Form Design View, you arrange the Fields in the way you want to see it, when viewing a single Record. With the Form itself selected, you then go to Properties - Format and set the Default View Property to Split Form.

All Records will then appear at the top of the Form in Datasheet View, and a single Record at the bottom of the Form. When you click on a Record in the Datasheet portion of the Form, the Record displayed at the bottom will move to that selected Record.

Note that while, by default, the Datasheet View portion appears at the top of the entire Form, you can change this, through the Properties, so that it appears at the bottom or even down the left or right hand side of the entire Form.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

GaryLW is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq View Post
    The simplest way would be to use the new (to 2007/2010) Form style called Split Form.

In Form Design View, you arrange the Fields in the way you want to see it, when viewing a single Record. With the Form itself selected, you then go to Properties - Format and set the Default View Property to Split Form.

All Records will then appear at the top of the Form in Datasheet View, and a single Record at the bottom of the Form. When you click on a Record in the Datasheet portion of the Form, the Record displayed at the bottom will move to that selected Record.

Note that while, by default, the Datasheet View portion appears at the top of the entire Form, you can change this, through the Properties, so that it appears at the bottom or even down the left or right hand side of the entire Form.

Linq ;0)>
    Thanks that will do it

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Glad we could help!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.