rankhornjp is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Empty Main Report, won't run subReports

I have a report that I use to track clients.

The main report/query is returning blank (and it should), but this is preventing the subreports/queries from running and they have information in them (when I run them separate, they return data).

How do I fix this so that the subreports will run even if the main report is blank?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why should the main report be blank?

Are Master/Child links properties of the subreport containter controls set? If not, the subreports are independent of the main report and they should display data. What section of the main report are the subreports in?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Why should the main report be blank? Maybe "blank" is the wrong word. The report returns all "0" because the query it is based off of has no records.

Are Master/Child links properties of the subreport containter controls set?I dont know, tell me how to find out. If not, the subreports are independent of the main report and they should display data. What section of the main report are the subreports in? Footer
    Answers to questions in quote above.

I have 3 reports

1) Number of clients I have seen that have been referred out this month
    2) List of clients that I have seen that are pending referrals for this month
    3) List of clients that I have seen in the last 3 months that have been referred this month

1 is the main report, 2 and 3 are sub reports.

All three have separate queries they run off of (they are not subqueries)

June7 is offline VIP
    Master/Child links are properties of subreport container control. Select the control and view Property Sheet.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Master/Child link for 2 and 3 are a field named "pEvaluatorNum" which is a field in the "People" table and a field in all 3 queries.

June7 is offline VIP
    Master/Child links synchronize report/subreport related records. If there are no parent records then subreport won't have records either.

Master/Child links synchronize report/subreport related records. If there are no parent records then subreport won't have records either.
    Is there a way to show all 3 reports on the same page without a Master/Child relationship?

June7 is offline VIP
    If the Master/Child links are not set then the subreports will show records.

If the Master/Child links are not set then the subreports will show records.
    Thank you, that works!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.