How-to adjust all row heights to expand the same amount?

First question - does the search function not work in this forum? I search for simple words like "row" or "height" and received 0 results.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Question - Using just the "Can Grow" property for row textboxes in a tabular report will create a jagged looking report. Some textboxes will be 2 or 3 times the height of the textbox next to it.

So I came up with an OnFormat function that counts the number of characters in each textbox, and dividing this number (and a constant) by the column width of each textbox - will save the largest number as a max-row-height variable, which on a second pass will go back and adjust all textbox heights to this number.

The problem is a disproportionate number of uppercase letters vs lowercase letters can throw this off.

Is there a better way of doing this?

You could try using a font like Courier in which all characters inhabit the same area of space on the page. That should allow your basic approach to still work...

Matrix is online now Admin
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Re: How-to adjust all row heights to expand the same amount?

[quote="egads"]First question - does the search function not work in this forum? I search for simple words like "row" or "height" and received 0 results.

You are right, this forum uses Google search which worked very well, but Google has many problems in the past a few months, many websites/pages were de-indexed.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.