iggyslair is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

1 form 2 tables w/ combo box

Hello, I am currently building a calibration database in Access 2007. I am currently building a form that would pull records from 2 tables (Tools,Calibration) into the form. The tool id is the primary key in the tools table which is then related to the tool id in the calibration table in a one to many relationship. I want the user to be able to switch between all the tool id's in the tool table via a combo box and then have the records for that particular id fill in the designated text box fields within the form and then be able to edit or delete as needed. I don't want the user changes to be saved unless they click on a Save button. Currently I have the form's record source set as a query which pulls the tool id column from the tools table and tool owner, calibration date, pass calibration, and notes columns from the Calibration table. The row source for the tool id combo box is the tool id column from the tools table. When I change records in the combo box, the other fields are not updating. Can someone please help me solve the issue I am having. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Sounds like a case select would work for you. Here is an example; Maybe you can adapt this to your situation and just change the field names.
    Select Case Me.Combo63
    Case "Today"
    Me.Filter = "[nextschddte]=Date()"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.