Anth is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Help creating a difficult database. PLEASE HELP

Hi, I am currently studying a degree and am in my third and final year. As part of my advanced database module I am going to create a new database that relates to the job I would like to pursue when older (Networking) . I have decided to create a database that relates to IP subnets. I will include in this database public and private IP addresses. The public IP addresses will need to be able to store individual host addresses, whereas the private IP addresses will need to store a network address where it is not a requirement to detail each individual host address. My idea is to have a subnet as each table for the public and for the private a table that includes all tables. I am unsure whether I will need relationships but will just need simple queries to search IP address ranges for now. Unsure whether separate tables or databases will be needed.

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    As I have often been told, first get you plan together and build from there. A great vision makes for a great db. If you have more than one table it is almost a foregone conclusion you will need to link them. As far as separate db's, time will tell. You are asking a design question and YOU need to spend some time with this. After you have a plan and some questions, then post again. Good Luck with your project.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.