JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007

Creating Report using Word Mail Merge

I have an Access database, where I have created multiple queries to get the data I need down to two queries (or one query, which works better) in order to do a mailing.

One query contains client information (client id, address, main contact, etc). Client ID is a unique field in this query (no repeats). This is to be used for the mailing address (one letter for each record).

The second query contains various contacts for each client (client id, contact name, contact email address, etc). This is to be used for the body of the letter.
    There is a one-to-many relationship between query one and query two. For each client id, all the contacts for that particular client id should appear on a single letter.

Now, I know how to do this in Access reports (can use grouping or subforms). However, Access reports are not quite pretty enough for this mailing, so we would like to do a mail merge to Word instead. I have only ever done a "one record to one letter" type merge in Word, never these "one-to-many" type merges.

Can anyone provide any pointers on how to do this?

Thanks

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    In researching it, I could not find an easy way to do this. Here is one of the links I found: http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

So I ended up creating the Report in Access after all. May not look quite as nice as it would in Word, but I think it will do.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.