plengeb is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Angry Master and Child Field Links for Sub-report Not Working

Hello,

I have a database in which it have a sub-report within a report. The main report is “rpt_detail Overpays”, has the overpayments and blue headings. The sub-report is “rpt_LegitClaims”, has the legitimate claims and yellow headings. I am attempting to link the two reports (Master and Child fields) with the “Monthly_Sequence”.

I have attached a sample of the report. The “Report Without Links” file has the results without the Master and Child field links. For each overpayment, all of the legitimate claims print for each of the overpayments as would be expected. I would like for the legitimate claims with a monthly sequence of 3954 to print with the overpayment with a monthly sequence of 3954 and so on. When I put the links in, the legitimate claims sub-report does not print any results with the overpayments. The “Report With Links” has these results.

I have tried establishing relationships between the tables as well, but the links are still not working. Is someone able to tell me why the master and child links are not working and tell me how to get them to work?

Thanks for your help.

Bill
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Linking might not be the issue. Might need to create a group section on the MthSeq field.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

June7,

You are right that linking was not the issue. I had to put a text box bound to Monthly_Sequence in the main report section containing the subreport? Thanks for responding.

Bill

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Issue resolved?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Yes. The issue is resolved. Thank you.

Bill

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.