cove3 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Report export to html creates double spacing & wavy columns in browser

I have a report with a detail section Arial .15" high. Print preview shows normal single spacing and all columns in perfect alignment. When I export this to html and view it in any browser, it shows the table double spaced, not single spaced. Looking at the source code for the page, I see the td for height for each of the rows has been changed from .15 to .30, overriding my requirement for .15.

In addition to this problem, Firefox and Chrome both misalign the columns so the rows don't line up exactly, especially bad for the report page header column descriptions. Internet explorer, however, aligns the columns perfectly, although it too double spaces the output.

There is no setting in options, page setup, or section properties having anything to do with double spacing. Can grow/shrink for either the detail or section properties and page setup properties does nothing. Somehow, it's as though HTML export is hard wired to create double spaced output. This was not the case with Access 2003, as I used to have no problems with either spacing or column alignment before I upgraded to Access 2007

There's no mention of this problem searching the internet

Anyone with a similar experience?

Ron

cove3 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    I discovered the column alignment problem has to do with the sizing of the Firefox & Chrome window. By adjusting the sizing of the browser windows, the columns can be made to line up, including the headings. The problem of course, is everybody has their browser window sized differently and it would be clumsy to ask viewers to play around with the size until my columns line up for them. Internet Explorer avoids this by adjusting everything proportionally.

I continue to have the double spacing problem with all three browsers.

Ron

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.