cfgrs is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2000

Remembering multiselect listbox selections for a record, and re-selecting it?

Hello everyone,

So I have a multiselect listbox. The list that it shows depends on what is selected in a separate combo box.

I want to be able to select multiple items from the listbox, and then be able to leave the record, and when I come back to it, to still have those items highlighted. Right now in my form, as I go through records, if I highlighted items 1,2 and 3 on a record, those first three lines will stay highlighted as I move through different records, rather than changing to what had been selected for each record.

I've already stored the actual selected values in a subtable. I just want to have it highlighted again so that you can see what was previously selected.

Any advice? Thank you!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    This is an unbound listbox - not storing data into a multi-value field? Need code that will select items in listbox RowSource. Place code in form Current event. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact code to programmatically select multiple items in a listbox. It would probably involve opening a recordset and looping through the recordset to get each value and also looping through the listbox list to locate the matching value and set Selected property for row to True.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

alcapps is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    http://access.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0033.htm

you can do this. The url takes you to how to code the and use the selections in code. You can reverse engineer it to use this. If you have the record ID's of the ones

try going to each record and using this to mark the record.. Docmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...ad.php?t=67977

I hope this helps

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.