burnettec is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Import mulitple text files into Access 2010/each a separate table

I searched this forum and found vba code to import multiple text files into ONE Access table, but I need mine to be kept separate. Also, I didn't understand the copyrighted code for that posted procedure. Any suggestions? Thank you.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    The standard is to usually import each file into a separate table. Depending on how you are importing it, you would just have separate import statements for each table.
    What exactly are you having trouble with?
    I think we need more details. Also, if you have a link that you found that you are trying to use, can you include it here so we can see what you are looking at?

burnettec is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Well, I guess I was just being lazy. I have 102 files I need to import into 2 separate databases, keeping each file a separate table. I only have to do it once, not a repeated task monthly or anything. Over lunchtime I already imported the first 51 files into the first database. It was a pain doing it one at a time. Guess I"ll just take another hour to import the others. Anyway, I figured this situation would come up again and thought it would be nice to write VBA code that would have the user choose a folder containing all the same file types (txt, or csv, or xls) and then loop through each file, importing it into it's own table in one database. The code I found for importing files into one table in a database is in the following post: https://www.accessforums.net/import-...ally-2030.html Thanks for your reply.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    You can definitely do it, but you might need to come up with some logic as to what you want to name all these tables.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.