cfgrs is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2000

Add multiselect list selections to subform?

Hello,

Alright, to give a simplified idea of what I'm doing, I have a form being used for a survey. A combo box allows the survey participant to select their favourite historical figure from a list. When they do, a multiselect listbox displays multiple quotes by the historical figure, and the participant picks as many as they like. They hit a command button, and their selected quotes are being combined into a text box on the form.

Don't worry, I already have all of the above working (very proud, as I'm only just starting to learn.) My problem is, I've just realized that technically, I haven't saved any of my survey results (i.e. what quotes had been selected.) I didn't realize that the multiselect list won't remember what had been selected for that record.

I prefer to keep the multiselect list, rather than creating a subform, which would be the obvious choice, since you can see all of your options without having to delve into combo boxed and such.

Can anyone help me figure out a way to either have those options from the multiselect list recorded for each survey result? I was thinking to maybe try sending the selected values into a subform using some code (I'm only just learning how to code), so essentially automating the subform option but keeping that hidden from the user. Any other ideas?

Thank you all!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.