silverspr is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Backward compatibility with Access 2000 report control visible property

Hello,
    I have a report in an access 2000 db where I can't seem to expose the control visible property? Was this not possible in A2000? The beauty of getting old...I can't remember! Based on the result of the control, if control.value = x then control.visible = false, is all I want!! Google searches suggest this is possible, and I have this functionality A2010.

thanks for your help

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

HI Thank you for the link and information. Knowing it can be done, I wasn't clear in my last post. When I list properties for the control field the visible property is not listed. I'm using the format event in the header, code and list properties attached. I'm missing something very simple.

thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    You are running in Access 2010 a db created by Access 2000? Did you try importing into a new 2010 file?

Is the report displaying single or multiple records with this field? Why do you need to set control visibility? Setting properties of controls when multiple records are displaying doesn't seem to work well.

Also, LIKE operator is intended to be used with wildcard, otherwise just use = sign.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi I normally use A2010, however for backwards compatibility with A2K, I've dusted off the old XP machine with A2K installed. This is a report in A2K where the visible property for the control is just not listed in the Format event of the header using vba. It is listed of course in the property sheet and can be turned on and off there. The report is displaying multiple records, but that doesn't solve my problem of why the property isn't available in vba. I'm wondering if its because I don't have a proper reference set...something. I've repaired, recompiled, rebuilt the database by importing all the objects into a new clean A2000 version. thanks again.

June7 is online now VIP
    Sorry, never used Access 2000 and it is not available to me for testing. Does code error if you use the .Visible anyway? Alternative is an expression in textbox that just returns Null or empty string depending on IIf condition.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.