Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    brookierook is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Ok, am doing that now. Although I'm already seeing problems with this! The following collumns are supposed to be populated with a combo box. I don't know what I've done wrong but there isn't even a drop-down menu and I can only enter numbers (the ID number). I'm so frustrated. Everytime I think I'm getting somewhere something like this happens. It works on my form though? So strange.

ClientID, ProjectStatusID, Theme, MRType, Methodology1, Methodology2.... it seems all of the collumns that are linked to another table are wrong.

I've tried to put in two records and it won't let me complete the second because it says
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	10712

I'm not sure what I've done wrong because I thought it was alright in my form.... hmmmm
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Take a look at the attached db.
    I have replace your main form with frmProjects because I had trouble with it. (I think it may have been corupted) and I have added a sub form to it.
    I have made some changes to the join table.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that! I have been working on it a bit and it is working A LOT better!!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I can't tell you what a relief it is.

There are only two other problems I'm having (which is great compared to the million before!). With the ProjectStatus on the ProjectInfo form. It's a one-to-many relationship so it shouldn't be that difficult but when I try to select a status only the ID number for the status shows up. I'm not quite sure what I've done wrong because the other fields I have that are one-to-many drop down fields (methodology1, methodology2, MRtype, CLient) are all working just fine. Could you help with that?

And lastly is the countries on the projectinfo form. They have countries that they request for a project and then later on it is decided which countries are selected later. It is supposed to be set up exactly like suppliers on the the projectinfo form but I must have done something incorrectly. When I select a country, it is selected for every project. When I go to the next record the same country i selected for the previous one is there. Can you take a look and see where I have gone wrong? As the suppliers subform works just fine.. .hmmm.

Thank you again for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windows XP Access 2003
    I think the problem with countries has been fixed in the attached db. Perhaps you could confirm this.
    Could you give a little more direction regarding the problem with "ProjectStatus" because although I can see a "ProjectStatus" sub form in the database window, I can't see anything about "ProjectStatus" on the main form.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Sorry, I was fiddling with it. Deleting it and trying it again and again! So I must have given it to you when before I tried again. I will add and send again!

here it is! I've just added to the most recent db you sent me with the fixed countries on it. Thanks again for that.. I really appreciate it.

Windows XP Access 2003
    With regard to ProjectStatus, I think that what you need is a combo box, not a sub form. In the attached db I have added the suggested combo box but I have left you to delete the sub form that I consider to be not needed, just in case you disagree.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

No, you're right. I think I had tried a combo-box before and I kept getting the ID numbers so I tried a form. Thanks so much. Can't thank you enough! I've added to your reputation, is there anything else I can do to thank you? Really, you do not know what a relieft it is to finally get this sorted!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by brookierook View Post
    Thanks so much. Can't thank you enough! I've added to your reputation, is there anything else I can do to thank you?
    There is nothing more you can do to thank me. You have already given me more praise than I probably deserve. Thank you for you kind words. I'm glad to have been of some help to you.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Hello Bob, me again! Hope you are well. Just a query question for you... if you don't mind?

So I've created some simple queries (Country Query & MR Manager Query) and I'm having a slight problem. For one project I may have 2 Project Managers. When I run the Country Query for a specific country two results will show up. One relating to each project manager for the same project. I'm sure there is a simple way to fix this... just don't know what it is?

If you can help that would be great!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Perhaps a "Totals" query, using "Group By" would give the desired result.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

I've decided to ditch that part. I think they can handle looking at the same project twice and realize its the same one!

Anywho, hi Bob, How are you? I hope all is well.

The last bit of this (hopefully) is the budgeting. I'm completely lost and don't know where to begin. I've attached what our budget spreadsheet (summary) looks like in excel. I'm trying to incorporate this into my database where PO amounts deduct from the Client overall budget.

Clients are sections within our company. Each is given a budget which is then divided into 'x' amount of research projects that we conduct for them. So they just like to see a live running report of sorts..... saying how much they have left for each client and how much they have spent already. Just not sure who to set this up properly.... can you help maybe get me a bit more organized? I've not done very much budgeting with access... well... ever actually.

Thanks a bunch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Budget Snip.PNG  

Windows XP Access 2003
    Can you attach a copy of the file in A2003 mdb format.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Doh! Kicking myself! Here you go!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Can you tell us which tables have the data we are suposed to be working with and also what the data in each of those fields represents.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.