Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Form controls appear to be disabled

Hi All,

This is not a very code specific question but there may be some code at the heart of the matter. I have a dBase that my coworkers are slowly adopting and beginning to depend on as a means to track various aspects of our business. One of these forms was functioning brilliantly until just the other day.

All of a sudden none of my controls will allow me to manipulate the data. It's as if the record source was locked or something. I can open the combo boxes and see all the possible options but I cannot choose any of them. I cannot modify any text in my text boxes and my check boxes will not check. I can open the table that holds these records and input new data/manipulate data there but I think we all know one of the major points of Forms is that you don't have to directly manipulate the table. I've checked the properties of each control and they are all set Enabled: "Yes", Locked: "No"

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I might re-activate this form? I've got a lot of code built into this thing and would hate to have to rebuild the entire thing and there is nothing to say it wouldn't just happen all over again. Let me know if you need me to add in the SQL for the RecordSource or the active VBA code. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Sorry for the wastefull post. I deleted and re-wrote the SQL statement that sets the record source and all my problems were solved.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.