I'm wondering if I've been going about this the wrong way...

So I'm working with 7 databases of parcel information (meaning...these are huge databases) to query up some general information. I thought this would be a relatively simple task, which, it has turned out not to be.

The information I'm trying to extract is # Owners (which means I need to do a "Group By" criteria of the "OWNER NAMES" to create a table which combines all the owners who have the same name hence getting # of owners)...like so...

...and # of Parcels (which means, since this is a parcel database, each record = 1 parcel....so basically this is a simple sorting task)

....and Sum of records (which means a "Group By" criteria query of the "OWNER CLASS" columns with a "Sum" of the "ACRES" column)...

Simple? Right?

Well, so the tables have come out like so:

See the problem?

There is no way on this PLANET, that in this particular table (Plumas) that the # of Parcels should MATCH the # of Owners (see Family =>10 acres row). Absolutely no way. I've run these queries six times and same answer (not human error).

I'm also getting totals in the # Parcels column that DO NOT MATCH how many records I have in the entire database (and I'm finding that I'm off from anywhere to 10 to 100 order's of magnitude).

It also gets weirder. The "FAMILY =>10" and the "FAMILY<10" rows are something I'm getting really different numbers on when I perform queries vs. filters.

Is this normal???