davewong911 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Lightbulb Preventing the same combination of data from being entered into a form

Hi all, I'm doing a college database project for a music lesson company, I've encountered a problem and my teacher cannot help so he suggested that I use a forum.

So in the pictures attached, there is a form called 'Bookings' which the music lesson guys will use to create lesson bookings, the relationships are also in the group of pictures attached. The 'Bookings' form gets a student name from the student table, a teacher name from the teacher table, and a possible lesson time/date from the lesson time table.

The problem is, a teacher cannot be teaching different students at the same time/date. When I create a record and say for example, 5:30, monday with k.breeze, and I create another record, it allows me to input the same time/date and teacher for a booking, which is not right. I need the form to stop the same combination of a teacher name, lesson time and date from being entered.

I need the form to stop me from creating two bookings with the same teacher/time/date so any help will be appreciated. Also, in the pictures attached, there is an available lesson table. This table has every available time that a lesson could possible have, from mon-sun 08:00-20:00. Would this be the best way to organise this information? Or should a combo box be used?

Ideas, solutions and questions are welcome, thanks. Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails times.jpg   d1.jpg   3.jpg  

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.