bkeena is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Trying to retrieve 1 field in table using dlookup on a form, getting different result

I am trying to look up a "Base Chase Price", the result of the dlookup keeps coming back the the "Base Chase Price" for the first row in the table, not the Loan ID I am looking for. Am I making an obvious mistake in the formula below? Thanks in advance.

=DLookUp("[Base Chase Price]","[DT Pricer]","[Loan Id] = form![txtLoanID]" And "[Rate] = form![txtRate]" And "[Security Month] = form![txtDeliveryMonth]" And "[Trade Date] = form![txtTradeDate]" And "[Coupon] = form![txtCoupon]")

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    I'll get you started:
    =DLookUp("[Base Chase Price]","[DT Pricer]","[Loan Id] =" & form![txtLoanID] & " And [Rate] = " & form![txtRate] ...
    That is if those values are numbers. If they are text then you would need to enclose in single quotes:
    =DLookUp("[Base Chase Price]","[DT Pricer]","[Loan Id] =' " & form![txtLoanID] & " ' And [Rate] = ' " & form![txtRate] & " ' "

bkeena is offline Novice
    I must be missing something very simple, so I apologize. Security Month and Delivery Month are text, others are values. Would you mind taking a look at this?

=DLookUp("[Base Chase Price]","[DT Pricer]","[Loan Id] =" & form![txtLoanID] & " And [Rate] = " & form![txtRate] & “ And [Security Month] = " ‘& Form![txtDeliveryMonth] & ‘“ And [Trade Date] = " & Form![txtTradeDate] & “ And [Coupon] = " & Form![txtCoupon])

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Things I see......

Code:
    =DLookUp("[Base Chase Price]","[DT Pricer]","[Loan Id] =" & form![txtLoanID]  & " And [Rate] = " & form![txtRate] & And [Security Month] = " & Form![txtDeliveryMonth] & ‘“ And  [Trade Date] = " & Form![txtTradeDate] &  And [Coupon] = "  & Form![txtCoupon])
    You are mixing up double quotes (") and two single quotes ('')
    You have a triple single quote
    You have a single quote in the wrong place.

Compare the above with this:
    Code:
    =DLookUp("[Base Chase Price]","[DT Pricer]","[Loan Id] =" & form![txtLoanID] & " And [Rate] = " & form![txtRate] & " And [Security Month] = '" & Form![txtDeliveryMonth] & "' And [Trade Date] = " & Form![txtTradeDate] & " And [Coupon] = "  & Form![txtCoupon])

You don't have "Delivery Month" field in the expression.
    Is the value from "Security Month " = Form![txtDeliveryMonth]??

Also, if [Trade Date] is a date, then dates must be delimited with the hash sign (#)
    ex.
    Code:
    <snip>  & "' And [Trade Date] = #" & Form![txtTradeDate] & "# And [Coupon] =   <snip>

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.