Mercator is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Move to SharePoint and multivalue fields?

Hi All:

Does anyone know if using multivalue lookup fields in an Access Web Database cause issues when moving to SharePoint? The Compatibility Checker is error free, but when publishing the web database to SharePoint, I receive errors about attachment fields, which I do not have in my web database as far as I know. The only additions I have made was adding 4 lookup fields that allowed multivalues per the end-users' requests.

Thanks,
    Merc

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Interesting, I thought multi-value feature was created because of Sharepoint and web database. So you had a working database under Sharepoint before those new fields? You set the lookups in table?

Want to provide the web and non-web versions of db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Mercator is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Yes, I had created an original version with 17 Lookup fields. This was published to SharePoint with a Main Navigation form and two subforms (one for entering data, and per the users' requests a datasheet form so it would "look like Excel"). During the revision phase, four more lookups were requested. At this point I have determined that I am only allowed 20 lookup fields (until the lookup throttling is changed), and it seems like, saving a sharepoint access database as a local copy to republish, is riddled with problems if my lookup tables had any special characters in them, and users had populated the forms. (the original published database had blank forms and no data entered, it works well on SharePoint until saving as a local db for publishing to a different sharepoint). As I muddle through this, I'll post what I find out so other people; hopefully, won't have to deal with this too. It would be nice if the Compatibility Checker would actually catch data problems not just schema problems, that is what has puzzled me because the Compatibility Checker shows no errors with all of this.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.