I have a related question to the one posed here https://www.accessforums.net/import-...rol-23647.html so I'm just jumping in. I have a form in which my database users track students being placed on probation. I used some handy code to generate a button that launches a Word document (a 2012 template file .dotm) of the probation policy checklist. I would like to take some of the values from the form in which the button is located and place them in the header of this document. I wrote a similar query to the one given at the beginning of this string and have isolated all the fields I want included. Unfortunately however, the mail merge is not a good option as it requires users to go through the whole "Select New User\Use Existing List\Confirm Data Source\MS Access via DDE" option and then navigate to the correct query. Is there any other way we can go about this to get the few pieces of data into from the active form controls to the Word document without this tediousness? If the answer is no, that's okay. At that point simply typing in the information will make more sense. However, I'd like to know which tree to be barking up before I expend too much more effort.

Many thanks!

EDIT: Mod edit to split thread