VanillaAwesome is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Exit to Access, Exit to (filename), Back to Navigation Buttons

I have another question for everyone. I am looking in my book and have found how to program a macro for a button that will show print preview and display a query but the prof wants something else for the final. Here is what she has put in our Rubric...

"Will have a feature to go back to the main navigation (5 points) and have included a Exit to Access and Exit to (filename). (10 points)"

This is all to be done in the Navigation Form. I have looked at other peoples code on the forums but none seem to be working. It always says I am missing a command or
    Something similar. Any help is appreciated.

*Edit- Stated the wrong area that the professor wants the buttons.

VanillaAwesome is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Alright so after tinkering around with some Macros I have figured out how to Exit to Access and Exit to (filename), I chose a table. I am still a little confused on how I would go back to the main navigation and I am running into another issue.

Every time I load my Navigation form I get an error message. It says, "This action Cannot be carried out while operating a form or request." It is in reference to the macros I have in my queries list forms. They give me no trouble in the queries list form (this is a form that has a list box that includes all of my queries) but do not work unless I first Highlight a query while in navigation form. Does this have anything to do with my Navigation form buttons being in my footer?

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    I don't understand what you mean when you say "Exit to Access or Exit to (filename)".

You can't really "Exit to Access" because you're in Access already. Could she mean a button that just closes your current Form?

And "Exit to (filename)" doesn't make sense for much the same reason. When you exit Access, you exit Access and return to the computer's Desktop. The only thing I can think of for that would be to open Windows Explorer to view (filename) when closing Access...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.