MTADS is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Hide Objects in Navigation Pane for Created Date & Modified Date

I want to hide certain Object Types in the Navigation Pane. I was able to hide them when sorting by "Custom", "Object Type", etc. But, everything is still available/visible when the filter is "Modified Date" or "Created Date".

Also, is there a way to disable the ability of someone who I do not want to have access to Navigation Pane options from being able to? Basically, now that I have hidden the "Custom" etc. (and with your help the "...Date") filters, I do not want someone to go in and unhide them.

Thanks.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Can use project options to disable features.

Click the Office button > Options > Current Database > make choices.

Uncheck 'Use Access Special Keys' to disable function keys so F11 will not toggle the navigation pane.

Hold down the Shift key when you open database to override most of these settings so you will have full control and don't let anyone else know about the Shift key.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MTADS is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    June,

I followed the instructions that you listed in your reply. It appears as if the Navigation Pane cannot be accessed via a right-click nor F11 as you described.

However, all of the Objects are still visible when sorted/filtered by "Created Date" and/or "Modified Date". Is it possible to disable/hide them in these views?

Thanks.

June7 is online now VIP
    I have never bothered to hide objects. If the 'Hide' setting is ignored in those sorts then guess the answer is 'No'.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MTADS is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I have never bothered to hide objects. If the 'Hide' setting is ignored in those sorts then guess the answer is 'No'.
    OK.

The end goal is to prevent anyone other than myself and a select few others to have access to any of the background tables, queries, forms, etc. The end-users should just have the ability to run reports.

The DB will be sitting out on a shared drive which the end-users will have access to and from which they can open the DB and run the reports. We do not want them to have the ability to modify anything or see the background stuff. My project manager is even concerned with someone having knowledge of and using the aforementioned ability to hold "Shift" while opening the file and having the hidden/disabled aspects available to them. I really need to lock this down as much as possible, while still allowing me and the select few to make changes if/when necessary.

What would be the best way to go about doing that given what I have described? Would an ACCDE file be the best way to go? I am obviously not too familiar with Access and I am not sure of the familiarity of the others who need the ability to change/update/etc. So, the simplest, most fool-proof way to go about it is what I would need.

I apologize for the wordiness of my post and appreciate your efforts.

June7 is online now VIP
    ACCDE is an option. I have never gone that route. I have read threads where some things have not worked properly in the ACCDE. You won't know until you try. Shouldn't hurt.

Other methods discussed in http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...-a-406737.html

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.