access 2003 automation issue

HI - I am coding in access 2003 - but the database is in access 2000 format. I have a 'menu' form that contains buttons that transfer the user to other databases in the system. I am using VBA to do the transfer and am using create object, opencurrentdatabase, and openform commands. The program works beautifully on my computer - xp server -- but as soon as I move it to another computer (xp) I cannot get the secondary databases to open. Problem is that when a button is clicked - the screen flashes - but nothing else -- then I find that an additional copy of msaccess.exe shows up in the windows process links - but I cannot get the db to show up.......I hope I explained this somewhat clearly.......I am wondering if the issue could be the references checked on my development system - or the fact that I am using 2000 format on a 2003 system. any help would be greatly appreciated.......thank you in advance.

StepUP is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2000
    Do you want to keep the original database open? Or would it be better to shut it down and open the other?

If so, try this utility from Michael Kaplan:

http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1033/...asp?ItemID=8#8

If not, it is probably an automation issue. See what commands are available (one way would be via the object browser) for making the app visible.

I would like to keep the original db open in the background, so when the user closes the new db, they go back to the original one. Again, the main issue is -- it works perfectly on the development machine - and doesn't work on any of the other computers i have tried it on.
    thanks again,
    Bev

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.