Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Form Won't Lookup Correctly and Not sure tables are linked correctly

If you are willing to help, I need it.My brain is just not working good enough to fix this right now. I can't get it to Lookup the OnHand amount of Products form the Products table.
    CompanyOrdersForm is the Main form I am having a problem with. When a Product is chosen, I need it to lookup the OnHand amount.
    It reacts differently then when it is stand alone.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why isn't it working - error message, wrong results, nothing happens? How are you trying this? Options:

1. multi-column combobox

2. table join in form RecordSource

3. DLookup
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

burrina is offline VIP
    It just does not show the OnHand amount. Yes, it uses a simple Combo muti-column box.
    I am so lost it isn't even funny anymore and I was close to being finished.

June7 is offline VIP
    Show properties of combobox: RowSource, ColumnCount, BoundColumn, ColumnWidths

Or provide database.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

burrina is offline VIP

Zipped Database.BUY Products For The Company

Ok, here is the db, well half of it anyway. Main form is named CompanyBuyInventory Subform giving me a problem with lookup is named CompanyOrderSubform
    It is a newly created db from the old.Therefore NO created Relationships. Purpose of db is to allow Company to buy products and track their Inventory.
    I did not bother with Creating the relationships since I might get it messed up again. Any direction or help with this would be appreciated.
    I have split the db into 2 parts now and linked some tables so as to try and eliminate problems and not duplicate. One half to buy, the other to sell. This is the BUY.

I plan on deleting this as soon as I post , don't want to give this away! I have worked too hard on this.

Thanks,

I get this error when trying to Post Products Purchased To Products table, which is a linked table!
    Error Message Attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RST Update Products LinkedTable Error.jpg  
    Last edited by burrina; 12-09-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Errors

June7 is offline VIP
    Guess you deleted the file. I can't analyze based on that image. Frankly, I don't understand your reticence about sharing the db. The whole purpose of forum is to share knowledge.

Personally, I don't usually open recordset just to add or update a record to table. I use CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT ..." or CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE ..."

burrina is offline VIP
    Sorry, having technical issues here. Comcast setup Wireless Security. Anyway, guess I am the ONLY one on here that needs to offer up the whole db to get help. Yes, I deleted it kinda fast since I noticed I had left some stuff out for you to test properly.Will redo and upload in a bit. Personally, I have not seen anyone Else's complete db on here! Anyway, I am thankful for the help and do want to give back. I plan on selling this thing when finished is all. Not crazy about the idea of someone else doing their thing with it.
    Just my 2 cents!

burrina is offline VIP

DLookup Not Working and Join Key Error on Main Form.

I split the db into 2 parts.One for Buying and One for Selling.Can't seem to make the 2 work together. Buy part works ok.This DB is not linked.hen you try and use the subform to purchase products, it gives you a error.Click on form CompanySellInventory, this is the Main form. Now go to Product Inventory Sell Sheet and try and complete a order.It does not lookup either the OnHand or the Supplier for that Product and also gives a Join Key Error. I dont know how to fix this!

burrina is offline VIP

Forgot One Macro,Sorry

I forgot to add one macro,sorry. I know you could easily fix it but anyway, here it is. you also probably don't use Macro's but this mere mortal has to resort to such things.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I think you have some design issues, especially if you are trying to Sell a Product, but you're getting an error message indicating there is no "parent " record. That isn't the message text, but the message meaning, you are adding something on the Many side of a relationship and there is no associated member on the 1 side of that 1 to Many relationship.

Do you have test data to test/debug?

You seem to have done a lot of Form design and coding - and it's quite impressive, but I think you tables and relationships may be working against you. The tables in general seem to have too many fields (Customer name and address, Notes, Terms.. all in same table). Orders table seems to have a concoction of ideas with 1 Payment date-- perhaps Shipments (could you have partial shipments (back orders??)) - should be a separate table, same with payments (partial payments)??

I'm not sure what OurCompanyInfo really represents.
    I would have expected the various Notes fields to be tables allowing multiple entries and each related to the entity involved.
    What exactly is the difference between SuppTerms and the TermsTable?

I'm sure you have seen some of these models, parts of some of these may help with design.

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_..._mgt/index.htm
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...ries/index.htm
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...ders/index.htm
    http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...ders/index.htm
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...-order-invoice

A frequent poster on many forums, RainLover, has an mdb version of Inventory Management that may be useful.
    https://www.accessforums.net/attachm...0&d=1329226009

burrina is offline VIP

Here are my tables stand alone for the db

The relationships work for my Buy Products Front End but not for the Sell Front end. These tables are linked in the db,other tables are in the front end that are NOT linked.

June7 is offline VIP
    Not picking on you Burrina, I have worked with MANY posters who provide full database for analysis. Often an extract of objects related to the specific issue is adequate. As I think Orange has a better grasp of your issue, will bow out of this one. Guess you can delete your attachments now. Good Luck.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I wasn't trying to be negative or picky either. I was providing feedback based on what I saw along with some links to models with similar entities. It was meant as constructive criticism. I'm not sure the poster reviewed the links. Also, I'm not sure of what value a model is if you recognize it does not support what you are trying to do.

burrina is offline VIP
    I have and always try and lookup info before I post on here.It's only when I don't understand it and cant make it work that I come here.I don't understand the relationship problem I am having or how to fix it. Thanks for your help. I will press on and try my best to fix it myself. The articles posted with the links, I have looked at but they are of no help to me.

Thanks, Again. I will mark this as solved and just fight with it.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Do you have test data? Do you have a write up on what you application is about? Documentation on what happens when etc?
    You have obviously done a lot of work - especially on your forms.
    When I open the database I'm not clear on what exactly I'm looking at.
    When I look at the model (tables and relationships), as I said earlier, the tables appear to have more info than one would normally find in a single table. The models in the links I gave show things like partial deliveries or multiple invoices, shipment info. In my limited view of your set up, all of these things seem relevant to your "business in general". Now you may have restricted some of these things, and have identified a "business area" that you fully understand, But it isn't clear to the reader, if that is the case.

You could try posting on additional sites to get a broader audience and more varied expertise. If you do post on other sites, please inform the reader that you have done so. Even post the cross link. But do not cross post without informing the reader. That is an instant turn off and you may get no responses. I would suggest you try
    Access World Forums http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/ and
    UtterAccess http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/forums.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.