Can't Figure It Out!!

I am trying to create a database for my machine shop and can't get the design down. Can anyone help? What I am trying to do is:

1- Have a tooling number which has a tool type (Drill, Mill, ect.), Tool size (1/2", 3", 3.875", ect.), and a Tool discription (3/8" HSS Drill, 1/2" Carbide Endmill, ect.)

2- Have a tool build up for each tooling number which would include multiple parts that would have a Manufacturer, Description, Part number and Qty (for each part ie.: Kennametal - 50 taper tool holder - CV50TG100350 - 1 ect.)

3- Also there are Perishable parts that would also have a manufacture,r description, part number, grade, and qty which could also have multiple entries per tool number.

4- Finally there are Replacement parts as above would have manufacturer, description, part number, and qty which could have multiple enteries per tool number.

I also want to have a form to enter information, also be able to enter multiple components per component fields.

I would like to be able to query a tool number by tool number or by tool type, or by tool description, or by size, or by general size (like i am looking for a boring bar between 1" and 2").

If someone could help me I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks,
    JD

Hi,
    I can not design your database but how I do it is to use pen and paper.
    I start with a small selection of data, I then split this down into all the different information, i.e 1/2", HSS, Mill. Do not use more than 1 bit of information. When you have these tables you can start to see duplicates.
    The duplicates types could be made into tables that you can use for dropdowns, i.e Machine types, drill sizes, drill types,adresses etc
    Anything that is not repeated could be placed in the main table, also in this table there has to be a corresponding field to the primary field on the other tables. These fields must be of the same type.
    You then have to find a master field in the main table, a field that you believe is the most important and will never change, to be the primary. If you do not have one then use 'autonumber'
    When this is done you design the form using the main table and dropdowns.
    It is possible to have more than 1 selection from a drop down.
    I hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.