ashandy8 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Having Combo box change an image

I'm new to the forums and not really good at access so my question is. I am making a database for my sons pokemon cards. I created a form for him to input his cards and am using the attachment feature so that he can add the card pictures also. The problem that I am having is that I have a combo box with a list of the different type of the cards. I want this combo box to change a picture of the different types. I have tried using the OLE and using a file path for these images. Size is not a problem as I am putting this DB on a 1 TB potable drive. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Don't understand what you want combobox to do. Do you want to display the image saved with record? Is there more than one attachment for each record?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ashandy8 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I'm sorry I didn't make my self clear. When I make a selection in the combo box I would like it to change the image. I have the image in the table with the selection as a ole object. Plus I would also like for this selection to be saved into another table for that record. I hope that clears it up. If not please ask I am stuck here. Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Still don't understand. What are you selecting in combobox? Why would this selection control what image is displayed?

What is it you want saved to another table, the value selected in combobox - why?

Again, you say the image is in an attachment field. Is there more than one image saved in the attachment field for each record?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.