aspitalnick is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Start a report on week 40 of a week count

I'm using DatePart('ww',[App Recd]) to get a week count. I need the report to start at week 40. Any ideas.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Use a query as your record source. In your criteria for the Week put >=40.

THat for your help, I don't think I explained what I am trying to do very well

Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    Use a query as your record source. In your criteria for the Week put >=40.
    I need the report to start at week 40 but after the last week (53) I need it to go to week one and keep going until week 39

mmm. So this is really a sort issue as you will be showing all the data, but in a different sequence beginning with week 40? If this is the case, then I suggest you create a new table with the week numbers beginning with 40 and ending with 39 in the first field. In the second field number your records 1-53. Join this table to your main table on the week number. Add the second field to your QBE and set the sort order for that field as Ascending. Uncheck the dsplay box. Run your query and you should have the results sorted in the order you are looking for.

BTW: It really helps people offering help in the forum if you present all the facts instead of partial facts and relying upon us to read your mind as to what you really need and want. The moderators took away my crystal ball last week and I am at a loss.

Alan

Still fighting this

Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    mmm. So this is really a sort issue as you will be showing all the data, but in a different sequence beginning with week 40? If this is the case, then I suggest you create a new table with the week numbers beginning with 40 and ending with 39 in the first field. In the second field number your records 1-53. Join this table to your main table on the week number. Add the second field to your QBE and set the sort order for that field as Ascending. Uncheck the dsplay box. Run your query and you should have the results sorted in the order you are looking for.

BTW: It really helps people offering help in the forum if you present all the facts instead of partial facts and relying upon us to read your mind as to what you really need and want. The moderators took away my crystal ball last week and I am at a loss.

Alan
    I am getting the week count using DatePart in a query and am having a heck of a time joining it up with a table (or query) to sort.

Still guessing! Try creating a second query that uses the first query as a record source and doing the join and sort in the second query.

tried that to no avail

Its probably time to upload a sample of your db so that we can see what you are attempting to do and analyze it. Dummy up any confidential data. Limit the number of records to enough that we can do a measurable assessment. Run a compact and repair and then upload by clicking on the GoAdvanced tab

Alan

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    I need the report to start at week 40 but after the last week (53) I need it to go to week one and keep going until week 39
    Just curious... it this for weeks in the current year or starting with the current year (wk 40 - 53) and wk 1 - 39 would be in next year?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.