nuketechie is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question MS Access 2007: Report showing multiple dates based on a supplied date range

Hi. I'll try to keep this simple. I have to create a Nuclear Instrumentation Quality Control report (MS Access 2007) that prints multiple rows under the following field headings: Date, Range, Observed, Setting, By. The Observed, Setting and By row values will all be blank (filled in by user after report is printed). The Date has to populate row by row (day by day) based on a date range supplied by the user through a form. This I'm not sure how to do. Based on that row's date the Range value will show a calculated value based on the decay of a certain isotope. I think I can figure this range value out once I understand how to populated the date.

I know there is vb involved with a likely loop. Can anyone help me with this code to kick me off in the right direction? Thanks in advance. I would classify myself as a beginner by the way. If it helps the report layout would look something like below:

DATE RANGE OBSERVED SETTING BY
    03/25/08 2782 to 3220 _________ ________ _____
    03/26/08 2780 to 3218 _________ ________ _____
    and so forth.....until the EndDate given by the user on a form.

Thanks!

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Access really wants to create a report from a query/table. Have you considered creating a temporary table filled with the dates you need? Then run the report and delete the table when completed.

nuketechie is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks, RuralGuy. Presently I have a 3 tables (tblDays, tblMonths, tblYears). Using some other online help, these are queried to produce a report (rptInstrumentQC) that will show any dates I want on it - one after the other going down the page. I also have another table called tblNuclearInstrumentationQC that gets updated via a form (f_ReportMenu). I'm having problems getting this information from this table to show up in the page header portion of the report. When I run the report I have to keep entering all the info (little pop up windows) for each field. Each field is linked to the table through the control source setting but it will still ask me each time I run the report.

Also, in the detail portion of the report I created a second text box next to the box that generates my dates down the page. I'm need to get this second text box to generate decay corrected data down the page right next to the date that auto generates. I seem to keep just getting #error on the report down the page in this spot.

Thanks,
    Kent

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Queries that keep asking for data usually means you have not spelled something correctly.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.