XianSPL is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Just making sure I'm on the right track

Hey all. I am creating a new tool for use at work and I think Access is the best way to go. I'm not a pro at this by any means but my employer is allowing me to try to make this work. I just wanted to post to make sure that you guys agree that Access would be the best way to go for this idea.

I have 5 variables. When using the tool, the user will select v1 from a drop down. Based on what is selected, the system should assign v2. The user will also select either v3 or v4 from a second drop down. Using v2 and either v3 or v4 (whichever the user selected), the system should produce v5, the final result.

It's hard to put a flow chart into words so I hope that made sense.

I'm taking this opportunity to learn some Access procedures as I go. I have basic exposure to the software but nothing extensive. Any advice would be appreciated but the point of this thread is just to confirm that Access can in fact achieve the goal of my project. Thanks all.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Yes, Access can probably do what you want. But you are very vague. An example you what you want to happen would help.

the system should produce v5, the final result.
    How does the system give the final result? Or what is the final result?

XianSPL is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    sorry for the vague post. So basically this tool will allow us to find out which local plan insurance claims will be filed with. The local plans are designated by county. We are provided with the city and therefore, what I'd like the tool to do is have a drop down for the city as well as whether it's a professional or facility claim as this will affect which local plan handles it. Once those two drop downs are selected, ideally, the local plan will be identified with the appropriate claims mailing address/fax number, etc.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.