seckerman is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Unhappy Access Query Question

I have a table in Access 2003 that gets updated every new fiscal year with the next fiscal years rows. One of the fields is called Mgr and represents the manager responsible for specific parts. The part numbers (PSINO) is a key field. The 2009 records already have the manager data in place. What I need to do is copy the 2009 manager records and match them up to the part numbers in the 2010 records. How can this be accomplished?

seckerman is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    This is the query that I attempted to run...UPDATE (SELECT Mgr, PSINO, FiscalYear FROM PartForecast WHERE FiscalYear=2010) AS A INNER JOIN (SELECT Mgr, PSINO, FiscalYear FROM PartForecast WHERE FiscalYear=2009) AS B ON A.PSINO=B.PSINO SET A.Mgr = B.Mgr...but it gives me the following error...The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query <name>. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. (Error 3078). The table name is correct. I also attempted this query with the same results...UPDATE [SELECT Mgr, PSINO, FiscalYear FROM PartForecast WHERE FiscalYear=2010;] AS A INNER JOIN [SELECT Mgr, PSINO, FiscalYear FROM PartForecast WHERE FiscalYear=2009;] AS B ON A.PSINO=B.PSINO SET A.Mgr = B.Mgr;...with no successs

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.