Meteo is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Can't see my modules as option run in a Macro

Hi All,

I have created a module with a few subs that I want to run in my AutExec macro but the RunMacro Action can't find them or see them. In addition the Add New Action drop down doesn't have the the Showtoolbar option that I would like. Any ideas. Is it a security issue.

thanks Meteo...

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't use macros but think they can only see Function, not Sub, procedures. Declare procedure as a Function and see what happens.

Under the MacroTools ribbon Design tab, click ShowAllActions.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Meteo is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I am trying to setup a set of actions on the start up of my database. The first action is to hide the ribbon and navigation and then I would like a specific form to be opened. To do this I have been running the AutoExec macro but it seems it can't see any of my standard modules and their related scripts (functions or subs). I have tried to add the Public prefix and still no go. If I do not use the AutoExec macro how do you have a standard module execute on start up? I have been able to attach the information to the form OnOpen but the Ribbon and navigAtion appears for a brief period of time. I would like a more seamless approach.

The ShowToolBar now appears but the only name it allows is "Required". I tried putting Ribbon in and it was a no go. Do you why it doesn't allow you to put the toolbar name in?

Thanks... Meteo

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I use project settings, VBA code and special system table to customize ribbon, disable navigation pane, disable shortcut menus. Review http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...at-303789.html

I have used only one macro - Autokeys to disable Ctrl+p shortcut when db opens and only because VBA can't accomplish this.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Meteo is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for all the advice. I have it working with the AutoExec now. It is a little faster than with the forms. You must use a function as you stated with the () at the end. A Silly mistake by me. I still don't know why the Showtoolbar doesn't allow names in it. A problem for another day. Thanks again....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.