live2ride is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

issue with linking outlook folder to access

im trying to link access 2007 to outlook 2007 so that i can search through email and update my database. when i go to external data-import-more-outlook folder and click on either import or linked table i get error "Link Exchange/Outlook Wizard" "Object or class does not support the set of events". does anyone have any idea?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Can't replicate the issue. I link to Outlook folder, no problem.

Did you Google that error message?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

i googled it, i binged it, i yahooed it and nothing. once i got home i linked the tables without any problem on access 2010. all i could think of that im missing something in references under tools but i looked through the whole thing and checked anything that would reference outlook and office or access

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    There is a VBA library reference for Outlook but since VBA was not involved library not needed.

I did this link with Access 2007.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Rick_Rutledge is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I'm getting the same error. I know I've linked some Outlook archives in the past with no problem; I use Access and Excel to do stats on archived mail (especially listserv traffic) at end-of-year.

Running Outlook and Access 2007 on XP Pro (on an iMac running Windows natively).

Office Dignostics finds no problems, and I'm fully patched up.

I know it's not a problem with the PST file (though I've recently run ScanPST and compacted it), because it's not even getting to a file browser for me to designate the PST file! It's not a problem with the MDB file I used previously; I've tried and had the same result creating a new Access 2007 database from scratch.

I've tried with and without Outlook running, and I've tried both linking and importing; same result - I never get to a file browser to pick the folder I want to link to. As soon as Outlook finishes shutting down, I'm going try rebooting and see if there's any difference when this is the very first program I run after startup...

i think there was some kind of issue. i was able to link tables at later time. i cant remember from top of my head what happened. I would advise to stay away from linking tables, instead use vba to go into outlook and extract information as needed which is what i did my case. linking tables to me anyway was slowing down my access big time.

Rick_Rutledge is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Well, it's only a periodic thing; I just pull the data in order to be able to run some stats on top posters, top topics, list volume, etc. If I can get it to work for a day, I'm good.

if i remember correctly i think some references were giving me issues. try by enabling only access object library and outlook object library

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.