jimbob90 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Problems With Adding Data Back To Table

hi there my problem is that when i make a booking on my booking page it all saves, but when i go to the table where the bookings should all be kept, they all dissappear and only the recent booking i have made shows

does anybody know the problem?
    Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like you are simply editing the same record over and over and over instead of adding new records. Need to move to 'New Record' row to add new record data.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    There are so many things that could be wrong, I wouldn't even hazard a guess. Would need a lot more info.
    Or you could post your mdb???

@June7 Could you give me a bit more information please
    all of this seems to me messing up my invoices and report which adds up all the booking information

@June7 how would i go to new record in a form which links to the tables with control and record source

June7 is online now VIP
    One way is with the navigation bar at bottom of form, if the bar is active. This is basic Access functionality. Have you gone through some tutorials on building bound forms and navigating records?

Is this a fully functioning db or in early stages of development? Was this working properly in the past and this has appeared as a new issue?

Want to provide db as suggested by ssanfu? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

basically in the form called booking it allows me to make a booking, but when i make a booking i look in the hire table and it just removes another record and replaces it. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jimbob90; 09-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.

June7 is online now VIP
    Can't replicate the issue. The form works fine. I navigate to new record by clicking the new record button on the navigation bar. Select options, enter start date and duration, click save. New record is in table.

If you find the navigation bar 'unfriendly' then create a custom 'New Record' button on the form.

The 'Save' button might not be necessary. New record is committed to table when form closes, move to another record, or run code.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    I was able to replicate the problem and it is just like June7 said - you are editing whatever record appears in the form.

You can add a button to go to a new record or you could add a command in the form open event to automatically go to a new record.
    You could have two buttons on the main form - a "VIEW" button opens the form to view the current records and an "ADD" button that opens the form in "Data Add" mode that only allows adding NEW records.

Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    I was able to replicate the problem and it is just like June7 said - you are editing whatever record appears in the form.

You can add a button to go to a new record or you could add a command in the form open event to automatically go to a new record.
    You could have two buttons on the main form - a "VIEW" button opens the form to view the current records and an "ADD" button that opens the form in "Data Add" mode that only allows adding NEW records.

how would i add a command in the form to automatically go to a new record?????????????
    Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    How did you add the 'Save' command button? You can use the same method.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.