eldarbs is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

how i should referral RowSource query to a subform

i'm traying to find the right query syntax for a subfrom

i have an "orders" main form and "order details subform" - as a Continuous frorm,
    in that subform i have 3 combo box that i succeeded to make a good working filtering of one on the others
    by putting this code on the enter event and the exit event :

Me.c_cmb.RowSource = "SELECT Products.ID, Products.[Product Name]FROM [Products Category]INNER JOIN Products ON [Products Category].[Product Category ID]= Products.[Product Category ID] WHERE ((([Products Category].[Product Category ID]) = [Forms]![Order Details singel].[combobox_name]))GROUP BY Products.ID, Products.[Product Name];"

it's works fine on a singel form (and also Prevents from the other rows to change vereytime i fill a new row of bombobox in the singel conuinuius form)
    now the problem is when i do the same on the order details subform - i get an error massage box from access that asking from me to insert the value
    instad of taking it from the first combobox like it doing well in the same thing on the single form.
    i think that i have a mistake in the referral to the subform in that code that i put on thae same way to the subfrom :

Me.c_cmb.RowSource = "SELECT Products.ID, Products.[Product Name]FROM [Products Category]INNER JOIN Products ON [Products Category].[Product Category ID]= Products.[Product Category ID] WHERE ((([Products Category].[Product Category ID]) = [Form]![Order Details form]![Order Details subform].[combobox_name]))GROUP BY Products.ID, Products.[Product Name];"

can someone please chack the code if this is the way that i should referral RowSource query to a subform.
    thanks.

smithse is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Hi eldarbs,

Your question is a bit hard to understand. Can you attach a sample of your db for us to look at? It appears that you might be trying to obtain the value of the combobox in a continuous subform, from the parent form..?

eldarbs is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    hey first thanks but i received a refernce from that links that solved my question :

http://www.btabdevelopment.com/ts/refer2sfrms

http://www.btabdevelopment.com/ts/ewtrhtrts

on the subfroms there is three combobox that get values direct from tables and i insert where condision in the query to make filter from one combobox to the next one, like : product category in the firs one and then the related product on the second cmb, and the relataed supplier on the third cmb.

just i had problem what is the right syntax of the event code that refer to the subforms combobox.
    so the right syntax for that is :

Me.Product_ID.RowSource = "SELECT Products.ID, Products.[Product Name]FROM
    [Products Category]INNER JOIN Products ON [Products Category].[Product Category
    ID]= Products.[Product Category ID] WHERE ((([Products Category].[Product
    Category ID]) = Forms![Order Details]![sbfOrderDetails].Form![combobox name]))GROUP BY Products.ID,
    Products.[Product Name];"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.