whittij is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Open ddb file with Access 2010

I'm trying to open a ddb file with Access 2010 and Access asks for a password to the file. The ddb file is the source file for an Invoices and Estimates Pro database. Invoices and Estimates Pro won't run correctly on Windows 7 in XP mode, so we're upgrading our invoicing to a Windows7 friendly program. However, we can't upload the ddb file data from our old program into the new, we need to first convert it into csv, which i'm hoping to use Access for. However, Access is now asking me for the password, which was never set in Invoices and Estimates Pro.

Is there a way to see what the ddb file password is? Or a work-around? This will save us literally a hundred hours of re-entering all the inventory data into the new program. I really appreciate your help!!

Thank you,
    Jeff Whittingham

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You want to convert from I & E Pro to what? You need Access to read the ddb file and convert to CSV then the new app can import CSV file? The I & E Pro app can't export to text file?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi -

I don't have A2010 - but is it supposed to be able to open ddb files? There are a number of different uses for that extension, and it may be that Access sees the .ddb extension and assumes the wrong file type.

I would look into June7's suggestion, that is to see if I & E Pro can export to some sort of text file.

John

whittij is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by John_G View Post
    Hi -

I don't have A2010 - but is it supposed to be able to open ddb files? There are a number of different uses for that extension, and it may be that Access sees the .ddb extension and assumes the wrong file type.

I would look into June7's suggestion, that is to see if I & E Pro can export to some sort of text file.

John
    Thanks for the quick answers! There is a way to export data from I & E Pro piece by piece - it's cumbersome as you can only export report data vs pure data (there's all this extra heading stuff, only can export one segment of data at a time, etc) - and the excel export fails. but, i can export into rich text file, so that's better than nothing. was hoping there was an easier path using Access to open the ddb or something similar.

thanks again,
    jeff

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.