crookie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2000

Problem: ComboBox selection populates ListBox --> Clicking ListBox loads record

Hello,

I will try and keep this brief and concise. I have been scratching my head for hours now..

I have two tables. One is a one-column list of names. The other is a list of parts and details and the owner of each part (from the list of names).

On my form, I start with a ComboBox which displays the list of names. When I choose a name, it then populates a ListBox with all of the parts associated with that person. When I select a part in the ListBox, I would like the form to load that record and populate many fields with all of the data from the record, for review or editing.

Unfortunately that last step doesn't work for me, UNLESS I right-click on the form and select "Remove Filter/Sort". I have no idea why choosing that works, but as soon as I do, I can click parts all day long on the ListBox and the correct data is displayed in the rest of the fields, and is saved properly if I edit it.

Please, help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I can post my DB too if necessary.. Access 2000.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Would need to review code. Post it or provide db for analysis. Follow instructions at bottom of my post. Identify the objects involved in the issue.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.