zool is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question How to edit data from query inside a form?

Hi,

I have multilevel of queries and combined it inside a form. Is it possible to edit the data inside the form? Because i've tried it and it didn't work.
    I've also changed the recordset type to Dynaset(Inconsistent Updates) -from queries and form but i still could not edit the data inside the form.

Zool

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    'multilevel' of queries means what? - you have joined tables that have 1 to many relationship of parent and child tables? Probably need to use form/subform arrangement.
    Last edited by June7; 09-09-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

zool is offline Novice
    Multilevel Query = (Query 1) + (Query 2) whereby Query 1 = (Query A) + (Table 1) and Query 2 = (Query B) + (Table 2). Query A & Query B is calculation based Queries.

I tried to use form but could not get those table and query to appear together using "Add Existing Fields". As if, the tables and queries doesn't have relationship. When i tried to add relationship between the tables and queries, the data messed up and i don't want that. The data is linked internally using queries but it doesn't want to connect to certain data from tables directly. Maybe it's due to calculation based queries that i have.

P/S: I had to do this so that my query is more flexible.

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't understand any of that. Need to show data structure and the SQL statements or provide db for analysis.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

zool is offline Novice
    June7,

Please find attached link of my db for you to analyze.
    Forms that i referred to was Inventory form.

Edit:
    Lets say, i had to change the table and queries structure, i'd prefer to create a form(Lets say, Edit Record form) to edit the data.
    But i want to know how i can point the data highlighted inside Inventory form to automatically select the same data inside Edit Record form for edit.

June7 is online now VIP
    The Inventory form has an aggregate query as RecordSource. Aggregate (Group By) queries are by their nature not editable. This query is joining other queries that also involve aggregate queries. The data on the form looks exactly like the data in the Purchased Equipment table. Do you use the Inventory query to create the Purchased Equipment table. Why create table?

What records from what table do you want to open and edit?
    Last edited by June7; 09-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.

zool is offline Novice
    Do you use the Inventory query to create the Purchased Equipment table. Why create table?
    Nope, Inventory Query is based on Purchased Equipment table not the other way. It just that i created lots of query because i could it involves calculation.

What records from what table do you want to open and edit?
    I'm trying to make a form for Inventory List based on Purchase Equipment table. Please refer existing "Inventory List" form for reference. I wanted to display data from Inventory query (Balance(Miri) and Balance(Labuan)) together with Purchased Equipment data. How do i add data from Inventory query to Purchased Equipment form(Inventory List)?

June7 is online now VIP
    Can't join Inventory query into the form RecordSource so the only method I can see is DLookup function in textbox ControlSource.

=DLookup("[Balance (Miri)]","Inventory","Model='" & [Model] & "'")

Recommend no spaces, special characters, punctuation in names, nor reserved words as names. Better would be BalanceMiri or Balance_Miri.

zool is offline Novice
    Thank you, i didn't know that type of function existed inside Access.

Is there any place to learn such function? I think i need to study it furthermore. Maybe i can even improve my db furthermore by using function.

June7 is online now VIP
    DLookup (also DMax, DMin, DAvg, etc) is a domain aggregate function. Do search in Access Help or Google for those keywords.

zool is offline Novice
    Noted. I'll do that. Thanks a lot.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.