zool is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Switching between forms window(Fail to auto focus corresponding form)

Hi, I'm having a little bit trouble with my database. I have three forms: Main Menu, Equipment Movement & Inventory List.
    The problem is i could not switch between the forms or in other words, it does not auto focus between the forms.
    Main Menu form have buttons to launch Equipment Movement and Inventory List separately. Lets say, i clicked the Equipment Movement button and it launch the Equipment Movement form, then I click the Inventory List button and it will launch but it still focused on Equipment Movement forms. Supposedly it should automatically focused on Inventory List Form(or switched to Inventory List form).
    Any idea how to fix this? It's been bugging me since beginning i created this database.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Is Equipment Movement form set as Popup Yes?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

zool is offline Novice
    I don't want to use popup Inventory List & Equipment Movement form because "normal" is better. Only the Main Menu setup as Popup.
    I've tried the Northwind Database, it seems that it can switch between different forms flawlessly, unlike mine

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by zool View Post
    I don't want to use popup Inventory List & Equipment Movement form because "normal" is better. Only the Main Menu setup as Popup.
    My guess is that you also have the Modal Property of the Main Menu Form set to Yes. Not only won't Focus go to the next Form, when it is opened, you cannot change the Focus by clicking on the next Form! With Modal set to Yes, you cannot move to any other Form until the Modal Form is closed.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If Equipment Movement form is modal, could not click on main form to open Inventory List. If Equipment Movement is popup, could click on main form but focus will be forced back to Equipment Movement. If it is both modal and popup - you get the idea.
    Last edited by June7; 09-05-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

zool is offline Novice
    OMG! Thank you both of you! It works!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.