zero3ree is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Creating a Form to input time on a weekly basis by employee

I am trying to create a form that an employee would click their name from a combo box and week ending date so it only shows records for the selected week and only their hours.

And from this form they could input records. I have a table called Work Hours and a Query called Work Hours Extended. Basically the Work Hours are imputed from the form to Work Hours table

and then the query adds the week ending date depending on the date for the hours worked. I cant figure out how to set this up in a form.

I know this is lacking some information but if any one could help point me in the right direction I would be very thankful.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    See if this gives you ideas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXM7JAv7gE
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

zero3ree is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    That seems to be a good application but I am adding this to my already existing DB. I put together a test DB to show where I am trying to get.

With the form I want the EASI ID, when entered, to only show items that reflect that ID. On top of that I would like a second parameter to only show records of

the selected week ending date. And if there are no records that it just shows blank so they can add to it. Then I am going to venture into how I can make this

to where they can close it and bring it right back up without completing the time sheet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to alter the DB also.

TimeEntryTest.zip

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The DSum expression in Total Hours is wrong syntax. Domain aggregate functions must refer to table or query, not form, as data source, and would need filter criteria.
    =DSum("[Hours]","timetemp","EASIID='" & [EASIID] & "' AND [Week Ending]=#" & [Week Ending] & "#")

Textbox for WeekEnding on main form has ControlSource of field not in the form's RecordSource. Change to timequery. This textbox is disabled - how to select week?

To synchronize the subform with main form, set Master/Child links properties to the EASIID fields and also the WeekEnding fields (compound link) if you want.

The autonumber ID field in Employees is set as primary key but saving the EASIID value in timetemp table. Either change the PK to EASIID or save the ID as foreign key in timetemp.

Do not save employee name in timetemp.

Suggest use shortcut keys. Place & character in front of alpha character in button caption and then can press Alt+character to activate the button. Don't have to take hand from keyboard to mouse.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.