Kristeen Boyd is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Sending datasheet to email loses formatting

I have tried every way possible to get my database sheet to email. I have tried send to email, copying and pasting, and copy and pasting to Excell and then to email. I ALWAYS lose the formatting. Can anyone help?

help_me_with_access is offline help_me_with_excel
    Windows XP Access 2007
    what's the email client that you're using? outlook? web-based? I don't think all email clients do this. most keep the meta-data associated with the table.

if all else fails though, you could send a literal HTML email through your email client, if you can do it viia coding. like outlook, you always have the option of producing literal HTML in code, which of course should be fine when sending table data inside <table> tags.

as a matter of fact, web design software might actually be helpful too. I have dreamweaver cs3, which is too old by now, but if you copy a dataset from another program to the clipboard in windows then copy it into dreamweaver, the code automatically inserts all the HTML tags necessary (like <table>, <tr>, <td>) to display the dataset as it was copied, in a webpage. so if you had DW as the medium program, you could simply follow this pattern if you had outlook....

excel => dreamweaver => outlook vba => send.

just trying to give you some ideas that might spark another solution.

Kristeen Boyd is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I am using Outlook. I didn't understand your second paragraph. What is a literal HTML? Is dreamweaver still available or is there something like it available? Thanks for the help.

help_me_with_access is offline help_me_with_excel
    Windows XP Access 2007
    do you have any web page development software? there are some cheapos out there, and probably even freeware. like WYSIWYG. "what you see is what you get". that's what it stands for. Dreamweaver is available from Adobe, but all of Adobe's non-OS (open source) products are unreasonably too expensive. They're all in the high hundreds of dollars because they're incredibly sophisticated.

literal HTML just simply means taking the actual HTML from any given webpage (or other source) and literally putting in a string variable in vba and sending that out via outlook using a mail object. I think the actual DLL object name for an outlook piece of mail in visual basic is "mailitem". I *think*.

here is your table coming from? what program?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.