Repopulate pick lists after updating source tables

I've built an Access DB for tracking documents for my company and have a number of source tables that are being used to create combo box entry fields on the master form/subforms. Due to the nature of the data being entered, though, fairly often the data needed for the pick list needs added (as we are basically in the initial population stage of the life of the DB) and it is likely that through the life of the DB that functionality will continue to be needed. After updating the source tables though, the only way I know of to get the form to refresh/repopulate the combo box pick lists is to close and reopen the main form where the pick lists are contained. There has to be some kind of routine or command to get the combo boxes to refresh, but I don't know what it is, and the Access resources available at my place of employment have not been able to get me past this one. Anybody have the solution?

Have you tried the Requery method of the Form object?

Requery an object not derived from a query?

All the access I know has been self-taught, and thus, I may have done this incorrectly, but I created a query that would pull all the data I wanted to display and be able to work with in my form. This pulled from 4 different tables. Even though I used the form wizard and just used all the fields from that query in the form, the properties of name of the system textbox (primary key of highest level table) along with every other object on the form show that the source of the records is not the query, but the tables. I'm not sure how to requery a field that's not querying anything to begin with, but is showing that it's pulling the data from a table, even though it's pulling it through a query. If anybody has thoughts, please let me know. And if clarification is needed, just ask, and I'll clarify to the best of my ability.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.