I'm looking for someone to takeover maintenance/development of a long-standing Access database, as well as perform general IT support.

The client is a small company based in central London, though there is some remote working. All PCs are remotely accessible, though occasional office and home visits are necessary. About 95% of the work can be done remotely. The staff are not particularly IT literate, and people skills are as important (if not more so) than Access chops. In fact, if you're a total Access ninja, this probably isn't a client for you

The database underpins the entire operation, and has been there for over 10 years. As such, it has been upgraded through various Access versions (currently on 2010), and worked on by various developers. Naturally, it shows. The database enshrines their business processes, and will appear completely whacked out to anyone who gets into it. The users know how it works and will not want it changed for the sake of it or because you know a much better way of doing things (remember what I said about people skills?) Naturally, it's pretty much undocumented.

They are however all good people, and as long as you aren't the type to tell them how the database needs to be rewritten from the ground up in a completely different system, you should get along OK.

I'm looking for someone with:

* Decent all-round Access skills (with good VBA skills - most of the db uses VBA. Macros to be avoided)
* Strong People skills
* Reasonable availability (most work, you can schedule as you see fit, but when the database freaks out at 9am, can you take a call and remote in?)
* Decent general PC trouble-shooting skills

This would suit a freelancer with other similar clients. It's by no means a full-time role (there's a certain ebb & flow in work) but the nicer you are, the more they will ask you to do. They are always prompt payers, so you will find no issue there.

Message me if you're interested and want to know more. Thanks for reading!