tlasenby is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Help Creating Forms & Subforms

Hello All,
    I have been instructed to create an case manager accessdatabase with the following capabilities:
    The following Tables Relationship Screen Shot Attached:
    Foster Child Comes into program who is assigned to a casemanager and foster parent/home.
    The 8 case managers are required to conduct one monthlyvisit on each Foster Child/Client at their Foster Parent/Homes. If the foster home type is HMR then the casemanager is to conduct two monthly visits.
    Case managers are required to document safety concerns inthe home. If there are safety concernsplease complete fields pertaining to safety concerns.
    Relationships are outline in the screenshot:
    My problem is I cant create a form with subforms to displaythe Casemanagers Table as the main form, with a tabular subform datasheetformat listing all home visits conducted on each client/foster parent/home(tabbedform) another tabbed form listing safety issues associated with the home visitand another tabbed form caputuring any tasks for client/child.
    I researched a solution using a junction table but I am unsure of where to begin.
    This database should answer or capture the followinginformation:
    Case Managers Monthly home visits to each of their assignedfoster children/clients, who will be assigned to a foster parent and home ofthe that foster parent. Each casemanager is required by state law to make one visit to each child/client intheir caseload if the home type is HMR unlicensed then they are required tomake two home visits per month to that home.
    During the required visit the case manager is required todocument any safety issues relating to the child/client while in the FosterParent/Home.
    I am attaching a an ideal form/subform layout which onlydisplays the one record at a time. I would like the form to subform to displaymultiple records but I don’t have a clue on the best approach.

Relationship Report.pdf

Rod is offline Expert
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I am attaching a an ideal form/subform layout ...
    Can't find that!

I have concerns about your db design but let's live with those. What I understand is that you want a main form displaying case manager information that contains somesome type of subform. It's at this point I get confused. Do you want to list all home visits irrespective of foster child or do you want to see only the visits for a particular child?

... and another tabbed form listing safety issues ...
    This implies that the first subform is tabbed. Is it? I think you might be confusing tabs with levels. How exactly do you want the safety issues filtered - by visit, by home, by child?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.