SRBM is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 64bit

'Invalid procedure call or argument' Error Notification when Trying to Create Report

Hi all,

I have an Access 2010 database with 3 tables, 3 forms, 2 queries and 2 reports already created. I recently split the database, and have the backend datafile still sitting in the same folder in my computer as the frontend(?) one.
    I have just tried to generate some reports, first of all using different fields from the reports already created, and then the same ones when that did not work, and I get an 'Invalid procedure call or argument' message whenever I try to do so. This didn't happen before I split the database, but now it is refusing to generate any reports at all, as far as I can see. The reports I created before splitting the database (which are already incorporated into my navigation form) work just fine.
    Please help if you can!

R_Badger is offline Knows a few tricks
    Windows XP Access 2003
    When you say generate reports, do you mean you mean you are trying to create new ones, or edit an existing report?

SRBM is offline Novice
    I mean I am trying to create new reports, using some of the data from one or two of the tables in my database.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Another few questions:
    1. Have you moved the database? You said that the backend and frontend are in the same folder, but have they moved since they have been split? (Also If they have did you re-link them)
    2. Do you only get it on reports? or do you get it with queries/forms too?
    3. Does it appear when you attempt to print preview? (that is my current assumption)

SRBM is offline Novice
    Hi again,

1. The backend and frontend have not, as far as I can remember, been moved since they were split. They are definitely linked because all the other functions work fine.

2. All other functiones, including queries a forms, work completely fine, and have done for the several days I have been working on the database since splitting it.

3. The error does not appear when I attempt to print preview. It appears when I attempt to finalize a report, as soon as I click 'Finish' after selecting all of the relevant options in the 'Form Wizard'.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Ok next question (I'm hoping to narrow it down eventually!)

If you manually create a report (i.e. not using the wizard) do they function correctly?

SRBM is offline Novice
    Hate to admit this, but I have no experience manually creating reports. The report wizard served me just fine for everything I needed to do until it stopped working, so never had a need to really.
    I only have about 15 minutes left at work, so would it be ok if I continued to message you about this tomorrow?
    Thank you so much for the quick responses and interest in helping so far!

Windows XP Access 2003
    Yes no problem (I tend to only check on here when I'm at work), although heres hoping someone else will have an idea to chip in! (I only use 2003 regularly so I'm fairly hopeless if its a 2010 specific problem)

SRBM is offline Novice
    Hi again,

I'm back, and have worked out how to do reports without using the wizard, which would be great as a far as I'm concerned, but my boss is insisting that she wants to be able to use the wizard :-S. Thought of any more possibilites?

Windows XP Access 2003
    I presume that works fine.... so, my guess would be that the wizard is broken somehow, unfortunately I don't really know how to help on this, as I don't use the wizard and I'm not on access 2010!

However I did a bit of googling.....

I found this, which contains a link to here so you might want to give that a try!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.