tushar is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2002 (version 10.0)

Access Or Excel - Beside Does Access has something in line with Web Query(Excel)

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein -
    1. I have four designation, President, Vice Presi, Director, Manager.
    2. The relationship is 1 to Many from Left to Right ie One President will have many Vice President, One Vice President will have Many Director.

3. A Manager will be having many project implementation, some of them will be successful, some of them will be failed, post poned, still going.
    4. The status of project is maintained at Manager level on a web site.
    5. Task is to for a selected President,VP,Dir & manager & Month get the total list of project with status.

Initially, I planned to do it in excel, but then thought, to change to Access(Since I wanted to learn, and also I learnt that in access you can just query on table and assosiate the result to ComboBox, I am not sure if it can be done in Excel).

I have created Combo Box for Presi,VP,Dir & Manager. Now the problem is for this combination, i should query the page and get the data. In excel, this could have been achieved by querying the web page, but i want to know, is there any way we can do this in access or is there any way in excel through which we can retrieve the data from web page.

Please enlighten me on this issue, and also which of the two - excel or access will be good one for this task.

Regards,
    Tushar

lloyddobler is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Do you know what server technology is being used on the website? You might be able to cread a linked table in Access to the table the web data is being stored in. As for your question on which would be good for the task, both are possible, but it's probably a matter of your comfort level with either product.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.