robert4 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

A form that displays one record from two tables (2 record on form) and shows changes?

I have a database which consists of tblMaster, tblMasterReplica, frmMaster (to display info from tblMaster), frmChange (to make changes to data, which are saved to tblMasterReplica). I also have a tblAudit (tracks changes made to the tblMasterReplica).

I need to create a form to display the data from only one entry from both the tblMaster & tblMasterReplica (two rows of data--only record that changed and original data). I want it to be two columns (ex. "Old Data & Updated Data") in between the two rows I want an approve and a deny button. If approve is clicked, the updated data will override the old data in the tblMaster, if the deny button is selected I want the information to revert back to what it was in the tblMasterReplica.

My knowledge of access is limited as this is the first database I have attempted to create so all of your help/advice is very much appreciated!

Thank You.

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Using the common field that identifies the matching records in the two tables, you can have a Form display the matching records.
    What field or fields in your tables identifies the matching records?

Give us some more details and you should get the answers you need here.

robert4 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    The master table holds supplier information, for example: id codes (primary key), multiple contacts (name, email, phone..etc) there are about 65 fields in the table. Things that would most likely be changing would be the contact(s) information.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.