snoopy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Data lost #Error, could I restore the data?

Hi community,

I have a problem with a record, I put data into a text field over the frontend of my database and wanted to save it. Unfortunately the database couldn't save the record and from now it shows #Error. Its also impossible to delete this #Error in the backend / table.

My questions are:

What is the meaning of this #Error?
    How can I restore the data in that field?
    And if its not possible to restore how could I delete the Message #Error and save the data again.

May someone of yours had the same problem as I have

Thanks for your help

one text
    Orig. Text Translations(Recommended in Bold)
    one 一个的/其中的/一方的/相同的/不变的/某/唯一的/该同类物/一
    text 本文/原文/圣经文句/题/题目/文句/案文/课文

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You are seeing #Error in a table field? I have never seen this.

Want to provide db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

tanvi is offline Competent Performer
    As per my knowledge, your records get corrupted. The records may be corrupted due to two users are trying to modify the same record at same time in a table, but one user forces to access database by shutting down the computer then this error message arise. This error message indicate that the one of the object of access database or the full access database is get damaged. You should use Compact & Repair utility to resolve this error.

In Access 2010, you can find Compact and Repair Database feature by selecting Manage, located under the Office Button.

If the issue is not fix by Compact & Repair utility then try to import all records to a new access file:

Create a new blank database.
    In the database, disable the Name AutoCorrect options under:
    Tools>>Options>>General
    Import the table from your old database:
    File>>Get External >>Import

Still the problem get not solved then use access database recovery software to repair corrupt records: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=access+database+recovery+software

snoopy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks, the compact and repair function has solved the problem. Unfortunately I couldn't restore the data. I do have a backup of the old database, which is 14 MB, the new one is 10 MB.

How could I restore the 4 MB between, I a recognized that I need data, which was putted in to the filed before the error occurs.

June7 is offline VIP
    Editing design of db can cause file to grow. Compact & Repair reduces the file size. Is the size difference due to data loss or design edits?

If you have a backup with all the data and it is the current design, why don't you just use that file? Otherwise, make copy of the backup, delete everything except the tables, import everything except tables from the current design.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

tanvi is offline Competent Performer
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Thanks, the compact and repair function has solved the problem. Unfortunately I couldn't restore the data. I do have a backup of the old database, which is 14 MB, the new one is 10 MB.

How could I restore the 4 MB between, I a recognized that I need data, which was putted in to the filed before the error occurs.

If you don't have backup then there is only a single way to restore database that is access repair software. You can easily found it on Google: https://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=...epair+software

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.