Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Currency formats lost between Query and Word in Mail Merge

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my currency format out of an Access 2010 Query into a Word 2010 document. If it were just a case of dropping the .00 and not including the currency icon ($ in this case) that would be okay. I can work around that. However, I have a problem with my calculated fields. In one case I wind up with the following value (8360.0010000000002). I have tried a basic formatting formula but perhaps I have not entered it correctly. For the calculated fields I have the following formulas in the field rows:

Acceleration: Format([MIPR data By Participant]![Cash Award]*[MIPR data By Participant]![Acceleration Rate],"$#,##0.00")

Total: Format([MIPR data By Participant]![Cash Award]+[Acceleration],"$#,##0.00")

If I could find a way of retaining my currency and 2 decimal max formats I would greatly appreciate it. Thus far I've only mentioned my problems with calculated fields but the same loss of trailing .00 and $ occur for values entered like 25000 when I want them to appear as $25,000.00. If anyone knows a sneaky trick to get around this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    What is the underlying format of the Fields being Queried? As long as they're actual Currency Fields with the correct values for "Decimal Places," you shouldn't be having this problem.

If your underlying data is formatted correctly and you still have this error, you might try changing the Field type over to "Decimal." You would lose the "$" but it should at least fix your problem with the missing ".00"

Monterey_Manzer is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    The original tables were built using Currency as the original format and their decimal places were set to 2. I have maintained this formatting across the tables, the forms that enter the data into the tables, and the query that is used for the mail merge. And yet I still have an issue where I get very long decimal tails on a few

If I can get the decimals to come out right then I can easily live without the "$". I can always put that in front of the merge field. So if that's easier by all means let's solve that problem first.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.