abrogard is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Network Access Interrupted

I'm trying to help a friend out by looking at his Access 2003 prog. He's sent me the front end and the back end .mdb files. Minus all data I think.

I've opened both files and opened the front end while holding the shift key so's I can get design view.

So far so good.

But when I try to open things to have a look at them I get a message 'Your Network Access Was Interrupted - close the database and open it again' something like that, and it doesn't work.

I suspect perhaps the fact that his prog sat on a network with a network server holding the back end and the front ends on network machines. I have both on my own and don't have a network server on my home LAN here.

How do I fix this so's I can run his prog here or at the very least scrutinise his forms and such?

p.s. and, yes, it is my Access 2007 that is opening his files, of course, if that makes any difference.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Use table link manager in the frontend to change the links to use your drive path.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

abrogard is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks a heap my friend, fixed it instantly... must perhaps apologize for asking such a simple question... I'm ten years away from my last line of code and never worked with split databases... little bit of an excuse....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.